Position Title: Office Coordinator
This is a full-time position with flexible hours (32-40 hours per week on average). A perfect candidate would be a dependable caregiver, has an excellent track record, great attendance record, a positive attitude, a friendly disposition, excellent communication skills and works well with others.
Requirements for the Position: In ordered to be considered for this position the candidate must have a minimum of one year of experience as a CNA or Home Health Aide and must have been employed by Saint Michaels Home Care for at least six months (if employed by SMHC). Other factors which may be considered include educational background, advanced training and relevant training certificates, and overall personality, work ethic and track record with clients.
Duties Performed: The following is a listing of the major duties and responsibilities carried out by the Office Coordinator:
- Responsible for many office tasks within the home office, including but not limited to, creating and managing new hire documents and new client documents, overseeing office supplies and equipment, conducting telephone interviews with potential caregivers, assisting with in-office interviews with potential caregivers, assisting with scheduling, monitoring caregiver credentials and documentation on an ongoing basis, assisting caregivers with procedural items (AxisCare, clocking in/out, updating caregiver information, etc), and assisting office staff with other items as needed.
- Be ready and available to go to a client’s home to fill in as a backup caregiver should a caregiver call out. Must be flexible to be able to work different hours during the week, including occasional weekend assistance. Must also have a wide range of skills (assistance with ADL’s) to be able to work with any SMHC client who all have varying conditions, limitations and personalities.
- Stays in regular contact with all SMHC office staff on matters relating to caregiver job performance and may make calls to specific caregivers to bring issues to their attention and work toward resolution of the issue.
- Makes on-going phone contact with all SMHC caregivers as a check in to see how they are doing and if there is any assistance you can provide. Always be looking for caregivers who are performing at a high level and let them know that their efforts are noticed and greatly appreciated. We do not want our employees to think they are working on an island and we do not know what is going on with them.
- All contacts made by the Office Coordinator with a caregiver need to be documented in their profile section of AxisCare. This documentation would consist of contacts made relative to performance issues, other SMHC policy and procedure issues and any other issues concerning employee job performance.
- May represent SMHC at community or other venues for the purpose of recruiting new staff members. May also attend community programs designed to introduce new potential clients to the services offered by SMHC.
- Assist the SMHC staff by being the “on-call” SMHC representative on some weekends. This consists of fielding calls from any potential clients who call on a weekend, handle any caregiver call-outs by rescheduling a new caregiver to work with a client, and any other issues that may occasionally pop up on a weekend while on call. “
A Bright Career Awaits
Are you passionate about caring for the elderly? If so, then Saint Michael’s Home Care has the right employment opportunity for you. As a caregiver, you will provide assistance to clients including homemaker services, companionship and other non-medical support. We are always looking to hire compassionate, dependable, and responsible individuals who love to do this type of work.
Fill Out an Application
Click here to fill out an online application.
Should you have any questions for us, please don’t hesitate to contact us!